For no other reason than because it's yummy.
This recipe is one of my family's favorites. It's super versatile. You can you use it as a party dip (which is always a hit) or pour it over cooked macaroni noodles and mix. I've even doubled the meat and used it as filling for enchiladas!
1 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage (the loose kind--we like Jimmy Dean)
1 32 oz block original Velveeta (you can use the queso blanco version for a milder flavor)
1 10 oz can cheddar cheese soup
2 cups chunky salsa
1 10 oz can original Rotel
1. Brown ground beef and Italian sausage in skillet. Drain.
2. Return beef and sausage to skillet.
3. Cut Velveeta into small cubes.
4. Add Velveeta, soup, salsa, and Rotel. Stir.
5. Cover and simmer on medium-low until Velveeta is melted (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.