"Seriously, these have GOT to be against the Word of Wisdom."
In all my years and in all my endeavors to find the ULTIMATE dessert dish, this one is by far my favorite.
1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted sweet cream butter
2 Tbsp water
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter in large bowl in microwave until softened. Stir in sugar, water, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until creamy.
3. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl until well blended.
4. Stir flour mixture into sugar/butter mixture until creamy and smooth.
5. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan (needs to be this size to get the right consistency) and bake for 30 minutes. Check doneness with a fork. (Brownies will be chewy on the inside, so the fork may still be slightly gooey.)
7. Allow to cool at least one hour to overnight. They're even better after they've set!